RECIPE - PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE BITES
Craving something sweet after dinner? Now that the Easter Eggs have run out, we’ve had to get creative here at Powderhound. These peanut butter banana bites are the perfect treat that take just 15 minutes to make. Whether you’re fuelling up for the slopes… or like us, you just want a delicious after dinner treat.
- Ripe Bananas
- Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate (milk chocolate also works perfectly!)
The amounts are really up to you - we used 2 bananas, 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, and half a bar of dark chocolate to make about 20 little sandwiches (but these vary on how thin you slice the banana)
- Start by peeling and slicing your bananas. You want them in rounds that are about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Line your slices of banana on a plate or baking paper. Spoon a little of the peanut butter on one slice of banana and place another half on top. Repeat this until you have used all the banana slices.
- Now you will need your melted chocolate! You can melt your chocolate in a microwave, by placing it in a bowl and microwaving it for one minute, taking out to stir and then another 30 seconds. If you don’t have a microwave you can melt your chocolate by placing a glass bowl in a pan with shallow boiling water. Put your chocolate in the bowl and let it melt - stirring occasionally.
- Once the chocolate has melted, you can use a teaspoon to drizzle it over your peanut butter sandwiches.
- Place the sandwiches in the freezer - we recommend giving them at least an hour - for the chocolate to harden and the banana to freeze. They will last in the freezer for about a month (although they lasted about 10 seconds here at Powderhound!)